Lombard Veterinary Hospital COVID-19 Update, effective 4-5-22
Dear Valued Clients & Community Members,
Thank you for your continued support of our practice and the team over the past few years. We are pleased to announce that we are lifting the indoor mask mandate for clients and staff, effective immediately, given the sustained low community spread of COVID-19 in our practice area. Your safety and welfare are our primary concern and we will continue to monitor the situation carefully. We expect that many of our staff and clients will continue to wear masks, and doing so is encouraged (but not required) in close quarters, such as in the exam rooms. Please be respectful and kind as each person may now make decisions based on what they believe is best for themselves and their loved ones.
We will continue to use our curbside check-in services. We have discovered during the pandemic that using your car as the “waiting room” is a way to keep your pet’s stress level low while waiting for the doctor. It is important to state that all cats must be in a carrier and all dogs must be leashed for their appointments. Our concierge team will check you and your pet in for the appointment and the doctor or their tech will escort you inside as soon as your room is ready. At this time, all tech-based appointments, medical drop-offs (surgeries, ultrasounds, etc.), boarding, and med/food pick-ups will all remain curbside, to decrease traffic in our lobby.
We know that these past few years have been difficult, so we thank you for being patient, and for trusting us as your pet’s health care provider. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Doctors and Staff of Lombard Veterinary Hospital
Welcome Back, Clients!
LVH is happy to announce that effective Monday, May 17th, 2021 we will be offering our valued clients the option to accompany their beloved pets into the building for their doctor visits. It has been 60 long weeks, and we are excited to see you and welcome you to our new facility. We celebrate yesterday's CDC announcement that lifts the mask mandate for vaccinated people in outdoor and some indoor settings. This is an evolving situation and we appreciate your understanding and continued support as we make every effort to return to normal operations as soon as we can.
What To Expect:
- Clients, we will send you a reminder text/email that will ask you to fill out our PVQ (Previsit Questionnaire). Simply select "curbside care" or "in-person care"
- For "in-person care", we ask that for now, only 1 adult accompany their pet(s) into the exam room, and please continue to wear masks while inside our building
- Our team will continue to wear their masks while working with clients, and follow enhanced sanitation protocols already in place
- Technician visits (nail trims, fluids, anal gland expressions, etc.), grooming, lodging drop-offs, and pick-ups will remain "curbside" for now, along with food and medication pick-ups.
- We will have our Parking Lot Attendants available to check you in and guide you through the process of this change!
Thank You, Clients!
- We appreciate you all and the sacrifices you all have made during the past 60 weeks, we are excited to move forward and welcome you back!
- As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to us regarding the changes. You can reach us at 630-627-7090 or via email at [email protected]
- Please see Dr. Ludwig's message in your email or it can be located here